Friday, March 16, 2012

Identity Crisis

De donde esta?!
This little child of mine seems to be a  bit confused. She speaks more Spanish and signs to me more than she speaks English. Then she likes to dance like she's in a music video. I could possibly blame this on me constantly saying Reggie Bush is her dad, poor girl doesn't know who she is!
See? Happy couple right? But even then he isn't Hispanic, so we're going to give a nice shout out to our good friend Dora, thanking her for the diversity she offers Bostyn... or Gracias is what I really meant.


This all happened when it was entirely too quiet in the living room for a 14 month old, who decides its a great idea to dump mommies nail polish on her white rug, and continue to roll around in, or someone who thinks that just because mommy doesn't wake up when she does she can deliberately take her diaper off and sit on my head.. and pee, yes that's right PEE, something that has happened not once, or twice, but THREE times. So I knew that this munchkin needed some checking up on. However, I didn't find any makeup smeared on her face or even food paintings on the wall.. Instead a very large one year old kicking back in the recliner beginning to yell "COMO! Boots! No No, Si!" followed by some very perfected Spanish, and to think all this time before it was only gibberish, boy was I wrong. Now when she continually is yelling things at me I turn to any one person I feel can serve as a great interpreter, because she has simply outsmarted me with the bilingual thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment