Saturday, March 17, 2012

Marines

People seem to question me a lot on my decision in wanting to join the military. I have never wanted anything more than to serve my country, become part of the 1% who takes that challenge, who makes that sacrifice. That's the only answer I have for you. It is what I want. It may not be for you, or you may not think its whats "best" for me and Bostyn, but I can't think of a more proud moment than when I am able to put on that uniform, having known WHAT I want threw in order to wear something of so much importance. Being a single mom is not what you would exactly call easy. Working two jobs and seeing my baby girl a few days out of the week is a challenge, a huge one. So what is 13 weeks of boot camp being apart from her compared to a life time of continuing to work this much? Its a sacrifice, a huge one. But as passionate as I feel about this I know it would be worth it to me.


I will be a Marine.
No questions about that.




1 comment: